Zesty Corn and Beans
When you're in the mood for Mexican food, reach for this recipe. The tomato, corn and bean mixture can also be refrigerated and eaten as a relish without the rice.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Cajun or Mexican diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large saucepan, combine the tomatoes, corn, beans, oregano and
- chili powder. Cook over medium heat for 6-8 minutes or until the
- corn is tender, stirring occasionally. Serve with rice. Yield: 6
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 104 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 344 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 4 g protein.