When you're in the mood for Mexican food, reach for this recipe. The tomato, corn and bean mixture can also be refrigerated and eaten as a relish without the rice.
Featured In: Top 10 Mexican Dinner Recipes
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Cajun or Mexican diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large saucepan, combine the tomatoes, corn, beans, oregano and chili powder. Cook over medium heat for 6-8 minutes or until the corn is tender, stirring occasionally. Serve with rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Zesty Corn and Beans in Taste of Home Meals in Minutes Calendar Annual 2001
Reviews for Zesty Corn and Beans
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 1, 2011
"I made this and the mexican corn and they complimented each other very well. Everyone loved it and it was super quick."