- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 2 packages (14 ounces each) coleslaw mix
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced sweet onion
- In a large bowl, mix the first six ingredients. Add coleslaw mix, red pepper and onion; toss to coat. Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving. Yield: 12 servings (2/3 cup each).
Reviews for Zesty Coleslaw
"This was very good. I made half a recipe with 1 16oz bag of slaw mix. For that quantity, I could have added a bit more salt. Dressing was light without compromising flavor."
"I'm a coleslaw snob, and this one definitely makes the cut! I didn't have season salt so used onion salt, garlic powder, paprika and a little original Mrs. Dash. #newfavorite"
"This is a great basic cole slaw recipe. This is very simple to the one my Grandma made. You can't go wrong with it."
"This was so, so, so, so, so good! I have always been a fan of KFC slaw, but I think this one is better! And I loved how easy it was to put together."
"I have tried many slaw recipes trying to find one I like, I am so happy I found this one! It is my keeper, finally the search is over. It isn't overly sweet or tangy, a perfect balance! I halved the recipe for our family and for once I'm actually looking forward to the leftovers."