This simple slaw tastes best when it's refrigerated for at least one hour. The mixture seems to get creamier as it sits. —Michelle Gauer, Spicer, Minnesota
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 2 packages (14 ounces each) coleslaw mix
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced sweet onion
- In a large bowl, mix the first six ingredients. Add coleslaw mix, red pepper and onion; toss to coat. Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving. Yield: 12 servings (2/3 cup each).
Originally published as Zesty Coleslaw in Taste of Home June/July 2014
Reviews for Zesty Coleslaw
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review