"Our two children, ages 5 and 8, love chicken. Both can be finicky eaters and they're not crazy about sauces, but they love this dish! It's so full of different flavors." Christine Ecker - Linwood, New Jersey
Featured In: 84 Lemon Recipes from Tart to Sweet
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and halved
- 3/4 cup white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives, drained
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives, drained
- Combine the thyme, lemon peel, salt and pepper; rub over chicken. In a large nonstick skillet, brown chicken in 2 teaspoons oil; remove and set aside.
- In the same skillet, saute onion in remaining oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the artichokes, wine and olives. Return chicken to the pan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 6-8 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°.
- Remove chicken and keep warm. Simmer artichoke mixture, uncovered, for 2-3 minutes or until liquid has evaporated; serve with chicken. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Zesty Chicken with Artichokes in Healthy Cooking October/November 2008, p57
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Zesty Chicken with Artichokes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review