- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and halved
- 3/4 cup white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives, drained
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives, drained
- Combine the thyme, lemon peel, salt and pepper; rub over chicken. In a large nonstick skillet, brown chicken in 2 teaspoons oil; remove and set aside.
- In the same skillet, saute onion in remaining oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the artichokes, wine and olives. Return chicken to the pan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 6-8 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°.
- Remove chicken and keep warm. Simmer artichoke mixture, uncovered, for 2-3 minutes or until liquid has evaporated; serve with chicken. Yield: 4 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Rutherford Hill Chardonnay 2012 Napa Valley, a full-bodied classic California Chardonnay with the perfect touch of oak. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $99.99. Order Now
Reviews for Zesty Chicken with Artichokes
Sort By :
Mmm! I made this for dinner last night, and it was great! The rub on the chicken tastes marvelous, and the artichokes and olives add that extra something different. Flavorful and delicious all around.