Zesty Chicken Wings
"These spicy barbecue wings are so easy to make," remarks Joan Rose of Langley, British Columbia. "I fix a double batch since my family thinks they're great. You should see them disappear!"
10-12 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 16 chicken wings (about 3 pounds)
- In a large saucepan, combine the first eight ingredients. Bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until
- Meanwhile, cut chicken wings into three sections; discard wing tips.
- Place wings in a well-greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 375° for 30 minutes, turning once. Brush with sauce. Bake
- 20-25 minutes longer, turning and basting once, or until chicken
- juices run clear. Serve with additional sauce if desired. Yield:
- 10-12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (4 each) equals 192 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 360 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 12 g protein.