Zesty Chicken Wings Recipe
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 16 chicken wings (about 3 pounds)
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the first eight ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until thickened.
- 2. Meanwhile, cut chicken wings into three sections; discard wing tips. Place wings in a well-greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 30 minutes, turning once. Brush with sauce. Bake 20-25 minutes longer, turning and basting once, or until chicken juices run clear. Serve with additional sauce if desired. Yield: 10-12 servings.
4 each: 192 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 360mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 12g protein
Reviews for Zesty Chicken Wings
"Very good. This was my first attempt at chicken wings. I made them for a gathering of people and they were snatched up quickly. This is the recipe I will use if I need to make wings again."
"These were really good. My family enjoyed them for Sunday dinner. I didn't have corn syrup, so I substituted molasses that I had on hand. I also added a few splashes of hot sauce and 1/4 cup of honey. I will be making these again."
"Perfect wings! Incredible sauce! Everyone loved them!"
"Excellent flavor! I dipped the wings the first time and then brushed them with the sauce the second. It seemed to stay on very well."
"These were great. Huge hit with the guys!!"
"I've been making this recipe for years and there is no better sauce in the world! I love how when you smell the sauce cooking it almost burns your nose hairs and then when you taste it it's more sweet and tangy than crazy spicy. I've tried using the sauce on boneless skinless chicken, but it is just not the same, so stick with the real deal."
"My husband loves these. I prefer to dip each wing in the sauce both times for better coverage, rather than brush it on. Thanks!"
"These were really tasty -enough spice to give a kick, but not overwhelming. Only issue I had was sticking to the pan, even though I sprayed the pan with Pam. Next time I'll grease more heavily."
"I added hot sauce as well as all the other stuff. Very good!"
"My husband really likes these. Rather than brushing with the sauce, I prefer to dip them. It's a little more work, but I found more sauce adheres that way."
"I added 1/4 cup of hot sauce to give more heat . I like hot wings ."
"excellont,recipe and i'm very picky.I'm 65 ,and a man of little wrods thanks."
"Excellent recipe. I only had about 1/2 tablespoon of chili powder, so I used hot sauce."
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer