- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 16 chicken wings (about 3 pounds)
- In a large saucepan, combine the first eight ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until thickened.
- Meanwhile, cut chicken wings into three sections; discard wing tips. Place wings in a well-greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 375° for 30 minutes, turning once. Brush with sauce. Bake 20-25 minutes longer, turning and basting once, or until chicken juices run clear. Serve with additional sauce if desired. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Zesty Chicken Wings
"Very good. This was my first attempt at chicken wings. I made them for a gathering of people and they were snatched up quickly. This is the recipe I will use if I need to make wings again."
"These were really good. My family enjoyed them for Sunday dinner. I didn't have corn syrup, so I substituted molasses that I had on hand. I also added a few splashes of hot sauce and 1/4 cup of honey. I will be making these again."
"Perfect wings! Incredible sauce! Everyone loved them!"
"Excellent flavor! I dipped the wings the first time and then brushed them with the sauce the second. It seemed to stay on very well."
"These were great. Huge hit with the guys!!"