- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 16 chicken wings (about 3 pounds)
- In a large saucepan, combine the first eight ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until thickened.
- Meanwhile, cut chicken wings into three sections; discard wing tips. Place wings in a well-greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 375° for 30 minutes, turning once. Brush with sauce. Bake 20-25 minutes longer, turning and basting once, or until chicken juices run clear. Serve with additional sauce if desired. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Zesty Chicken Wings
Sort By :
"Excellent flavor! I dipped the wings the first time and then brushed them with the sauce the second. It seemed to stay on very well."
"These were great. Huge hit with the guys!!"
"I've been making this recipe for years and there is no better sauce in the world! I love how when you smell the sauce cooking it almost burns your nose hairs and then when you taste it it's more sweet and tangy than crazy spicy. I've tried using the sauce on boneless skinless chicken, but it is just not the same, so stick with the real deal."
"I've made this several times, veganizing it by using browned seitan in place of the chicken wings and it's fantastic. You could also use veggie "chicken" nuggets, though I haven't tried it yet. I'm sure it would work out well."
"My husband loves these. I prefer to dip each wing in the sauce both times for better coverage, rather than brush it on. Thanks!"