- 5 to 6 corn tortillas (6 inches), cut into strips
- 8 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 can (4 ounces) diced green chilies
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, layer half the tortilla strips, half the chicken and half the chilies. In a large bowl, combine the soups and sour cream; spread half over the chicken. Top with half the cheese. Repeat layers.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Zesty Chicken Tortilla Casserole
Sort By :
"Very good. We pass around a bottle of habanero sauce for added kick. Just the right amount of creaminess. The added cumin was a great suggestion also."
"I used to make this years ago when the kids were small. For younger children to like something like this really says something!! Its an interesting bunch of ingredients and we all found it very delicious!! Still making it after all these years!!"
"I added 1/4 tsp of Cumin to this recipe and OOH LA LA.E.F. Ionia Iowa"
"Yes, I have made this in my crockpot and it's soo delicious. Thanks for reminding me about the recipe, I forgot it.Liz"