My aunt in California shared this zesty chicken casserole recipe with me. It's easy, filling and feeds a big group. —Sarah Thompson
- 5 to 6 corn tortillas (6 inches), cut into strips
- 8 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 can (4 ounces) diced green chilies
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, layer half the tortilla strips, half the chicken and half the chilies. In a large bowl, combine the soups and sour cream; spread half over the chicken. Top with half the cheese. Repeat layers.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Tortilla Casserole in Test Kitchen Favorites 2004 2005, p134
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Zesty Chicken Tortilla Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review