Zesty Chicken Pasta Salad Recipe
- 1 package (12 ounces) tricolor spiral pasta
- 2 cups cubed part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 large sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 cans (2-1/4 ounces each) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) sliced pepperoni, halved
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions; rinse with cold water and drain well. In a large serving bowl, combine the cheese, chicken, peppers, mushrooms, olives, green onions, pepperoni and pasta.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Toss before serving. Yield: 14 servings.
1 cup: 300 calories, 17g fat (5g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 415mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 14g protein.
Reviews for Zesty Chicken Pasta Salad
"Great pasta salad! I made this for a potluck barbecue at work. I left out the mushrooms because I don't like them. Also, because I prepared this the night before; I made double the amount of dressing and put half on as directed. I saved the remaining dressing and stirred it in right before serving. This worked out really good as the pasta always seems to soak up the dressing as it sits."
"DELICIOUS! This will become my "go to" recipe for potlucks and BBQ. It would taste great without chicken, too. The only change I made was to add cherry tomatoes and left the mushrooms out, but it's a flexible recipe as far as ingredients are concerned. Cook the pasta al dente. Tastes just as good the next day."
"This was delicious! Of course, my vegetable supply was low, so I substituted a few things. I used jalapeno, instead of sweet peppers, and used gouda in place of mozzarella! This is a great base for just about any tipe of vegetable you like!"
"This was very good! I cut the recipe down for one meal. I forgot the mushrooms but it was still good."
"Delicious!!! Disappears quickly!!!"
"good with fresh mozzarella chunks"
"you can also add some additional cubed cheese choices such as cheddar and even sliced and drained water chestnuts for crunch!"
"This is wonderful! We had it at a party and EVERYONE loved it!"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.