Zesty Chicken Pasta Salad Recipe
- 1 package (12 ounces) tricolor spiral pasta
- 2 cups cubed part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 large sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 cans (2-1/4 ounces each) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) sliced pepperoni, halved
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions; rinse with cold water and drain well. In a large serving bowl, combine the cheese, chicken, peppers, mushrooms, olives, green onions, pepperoni and pasta.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Toss before serving. Yield: 14 servings.
1 cup equals 300 calories, 17 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 36 mg cholesterol, 415 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 14 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.