- 1 package (12 ounces) tricolor spiral pasta
- 2 cups cubed part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 large sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 cans (2-1/4 ounces each) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) sliced pepperoni, halved
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions; rinse with cold water and drain well. In a large serving bowl, combine the cheese, chicken, peppers, mushrooms, olives, green onions, pepperoni and pasta.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Toss before serving. Yield: 14 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Zesty Chicken Pasta Salad
Sort By :
"DELICIOUS! This will become my "go to" recipe for potlucks and BBQ. It would taste great without chicken, too. The only change I made was to add cherry tomatoes and left the mushrooms out, but it's a flexible recipe as far as ingredients are concerned. Cook the pasta al dente. Tastes just as good the next day."
"This is SUPER good, I made it to take to a potluck an people were asking for the recipe. I used turkey pepperoni and left out the chicken. It is SO good!"
"This was delicious! Of course, my vegetable supply was low, so I substituted a few things. I used jalapeno, instead of sweet peppers, and used gouda in place of mozzarella! This is a great base for just about any tipe of vegetable you like!"
"This was very good! I cut the recipe down for one meal. I forgot the mushrooms but it was still good."
"Delicious!!! Disappears quickly!!!"