A friend served this wonderful Italian dish before a church social, and I fell in love with it. —Linda Baumann, Richfield, Wisconsin
- 4 bone-in chicken breast halves (12 to 14 ounces each), skin removed
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 pound uncooked angel hair pasta
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Place chicken in a 4-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the marinara sauce, tomato, salad dressing, Italian seasoning and garlic; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until chicken is tender.
Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Serve chicken and sauce with pasta; sprinkle with cheese.
Freeze option: Do not cook pasta. Freeze cooled chicken mixture in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Cook pasta according to package directions. Place chicken mixture in a large skillet; heat until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 165°, stirring occasionally and adding a little water if necessary. Serve as directed. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Zesty Chicken Marinara in Simple & Delicious May 2010, p15
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Zesty Chicken Marinara
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review