Zesty Chicken Marinara Recipe
- 4 bone-in chicken breast halves (12 to 14 ounces each), skin removed
- 2 cups Ragú® Old World Style® Marinara
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 pound uncooked angel hair pasta
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. Place chicken in a 4-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the marinara sauce, tomato, salad dressing, Italian seasoning and garlic; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until chicken is tender.
- 2. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Serve chicken and sauce with pasta; sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving equals 730 calories, 21 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 160 mg cholesterol, 929 mg sodium, 61 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 69 g protein.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.