Zesty Chicken Casserole Recipe
Broccoli, chicken and rice get a little "zip" from Italian salad dressing. Anyone who favors food with lots of flavor will enjoy this dish.—Dianne Spurlock, Dayton, Ohio
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 55 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen broccoli cuts, thawed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 3/4 cup process cheese sauce
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- Fresh red currants, optional
- 1. Place rice in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with the broccoli, onion, celery, parsley and salt. Arrange chicken over vegetables.
- 2. In a large saucepan, combine the soup, water, cheese sauce, salad dressing and milk. Cook and stir until cheese sauce is melted and mixture is smooth. Pour over chicken.
- 3. Cover and bake at 375° for 45 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Garnish with red currants if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 508 calories, 20 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 98 mg cholesterol, 1,739 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 37 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC