- 2 cups uncooked Minute® White Rice
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen broccoli cuts, thawed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 3/4 cup process cheese sauce
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- Fresh red currants, optional
- Place rice in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with the broccoli, onion, celery, parsley and salt. Arrange chicken over vegetables.
- In a large saucepan, combine the soup, water, cheese sauce, salad dressing and milk. Cook and stir until cheese sauce is melted and mixture is smooth. Pour over chicken.
- Cover and bake at 375° for 45 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Garnish with red currants if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Zesty Chicken Casserole
Sort By :
"My husband LOVED this recipe. It was so easy, but I would recommend maybe dividing the recipe into two portions because it really makes a lot."
"My kids did like it. But they were unsure about the chicken. It was cooked but since it was steamed cooked..it was all white. Next time I am going to grill the chicken first..to give it a nice brown color to it."
"This sounds yummy! Not to mention its easy to make.All the ingredients in it,we love & always have them on hand. Thanks for the great idea!"