Zesty Chicken and Rice
A dear friend gave me this recipe years ago. Italian dressing and seasoning add just the right amount of "zip" to ordinary chicken and rice.
6 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Bake: 1 hour 20 min.
- 6 chicken breast halves (bone in)
- 1/3 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen broccoli, carrots and water chestnuts
- 2/3 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1-1/4 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- Place chicken in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Pour dressing
- over chicken. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20 minutes. Combine
- broth, vegetables, rice and Italian seasoning; pour over chicken.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 30 minutes
- more or until chicken juices run clear and rice is tender. Yield: 6
Nutritional Facts:Diabetic Exchanges: One serving (prepared with low-fat dressing and low-sodium broth) equals 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable; also, 266 calories, 208 mg sodium, 73 mg cholesterol, 21 gm carbohydrate, 31 gm protein, 6 gm fat.