Zesty Chicken and Rice Recipe
- 6 chicken breast halves (bone in)
- 1/3 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen broccoli, carrots and water chestnuts
- 2/3 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1-1/4 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1. Place chicken in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Pour dressing over chicken. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20 minutes. Combine broth, vegetables, rice and Italian seasoning; pour over chicken.
- 2. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 30 minutes more or until chicken juices run clear and rice is tender. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 266 calories, 6g fat (0g saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 208mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 31g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable.