- 6 chicken breast halves (bone in)
- 1/3 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen broccoli, carrots and water chestnuts
- 2/3 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1-1/4 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- Place chicken in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Pour dressing over chicken. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20 minutes. Combine broth, vegetables, rice and Italian seasoning; pour over chicken.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 30 minutes more or until chicken juices run clear and rice is tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Zesty Chicken and Rice in Country Chicken Cookbook 1995, p60
Reviews for Zesty Chicken and Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 10, 2008
"Chicken was a little dry. Suggest turning chicken over for last half hour."