Zesty Cheeseburger Soup Recipe
A dear friend shared this recipe with me. Every time I serve it, I'm met with recipe requests. Even my son-in-law, who's a picky eater, can't get enough of this soup! - Norma Rowe, Winfield, Kansas
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- Salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste
- 1-1/2 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 can (11 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of asparagus soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1. In a soup kettle or Dutch oven, cook beef, onion, salt, pepper and garlic powder over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- 2. Add potatoes and water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. Add the corn, soups and tomatoes; mix well. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Stir in cream; heat through but do not boil. Yield: 14-16 servings (3-3/4 quarts).
1 serving (1 each) equals 226 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 47 mg cholesterol, 667 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 13 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC