Zesty Cheeseburger Soup Recipe
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- Salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste
- 1-1/2 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 can (11 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of asparagus soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1. In a soup kettle or Dutch oven, cook beef, onion, salt, pepper and garlic powder over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- 2. Add potatoes and water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. Add the corn, soups and tomatoes; mix well. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Stir in cream; heat through but do not boil. Yield: 14-16 servings (3-3/4 quarts).
1 each: 226 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 667mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 13g protein .
Reviews for Zesty Cheeseburger Soup
"Best soup ever! I have added veggies to make a more complete meal: carrots, celery, mushrooms, zucchini. And substituted 1 pound of ground turkey for 1 pound of ground beef. Makes enough for a army, or a house full of teenagers."