Zesty Cheese Spread Recipe
I USUALLY MAKE this spread a day before I plan on serving it, since it needs time for the flavors to meld. But it also keeps well for a few weeks. It’s an appetizer, that can be served with snack rye bread or assorted crackers.
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 2 teaspoons hot water
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 teaspoon capers, drained
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Assorted crackers
- 1. In a small bowl, combine mustard and water; let stand for 10 minutes. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth. Beat in the shallot, capers, parsley, paprika and mustard mixture until blended.
- 2. Transfer to a serving bowl; cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight. Serve with crackers. Yield: 1-1/4 cups.
2 tablespoons (calculated without crackers) equals 273 calories, 29 g fat (18 g saturated fat), 82 mg cholesterol, 234 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC