Zesty Cheese Spread
I USUALLY MAKE this spread a day before I plan on serving it, since it needs time for the flavors to meld. But it also keeps well for a few weeks. It’s an appetizer, that can be served with snack rye bread or assorted crackers.
10 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 2 teaspoons hot water
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 teaspoon capers, drained
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Keebler® Toasteds® Crackers
Bring distinctive taste to holiday parties with Keebler® Toasteds® Crackers.
Learn More >
- In a small bowl, combine mustard and water; let stand for 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth. Beat in
- the shallot, capers, parsley, paprika and mustard mixture until
- Transfer to a serving bowl; cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or
- overnight. Serve with crackers. Yield: 1-1/4 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 2 tablespoons (calculated without crackers) equals 273 calories, 29 g fat (18 g saturated fat), 82 mg cholesterol, 234 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.