Zesty Cheese Soup Recipe
"My husband and I are retired, but I still look for shortcut recipes like this one I received from a great-niece," writes Modie Phillips of Lubbock, Texas. "You'll likely have the majority of ingredients for this colorful soup in your pantry," Mary notes. "To save time, I start warming the canned ingredients on the stove while I cube the cheese."
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. YIELD:6-8 servings
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 can (10 ounces) premium chunk white chicken, drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 pound process American cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- Crushed tortilla chips, optional
- 1. In a 3-qt. saucepan, combine the first seven ingredients. Cook and stir until cheese is melted. Garnish with tortilla chips if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings (2 quarts).
1 serving (1 cup) equals 316 calories, 15 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 53 mg cholesterol, 1,435 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 22 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC