Zesty Carrots Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds carrots, washed and peeled
- 2 tablespoons grated onion and juice
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1. Slice carrots 1/4 in. thick; cook in small amount of water for 5 minutes. Drain; reserve 1/4 cup cooking water for sauce.
- 2. In a bowl, combine the onion and juice, horseradish, mayonnaise, cheese, salt, pepper and reserved cooking water. Add carrots. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish.
- 3. Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over carrot mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 217 calories, 18 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 368 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Zesty Carrots
"I have made these carrots quite a few times. Everyone loves them. They always ask me for the recipe."