Zesty Carrot Bake Recipe
For a fun vegetable dish, try these tender carrots in a sauce that gets its zip from horseradish. With a crunchy crumb topping and comforting sauce, it will tempt even those who usually don't care for cooked carrots. -Grace Yaskovic, Branchville, New Jersey
- 1 pound carrots, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1. On stovetop or microwave, cook carrots until tender. Transfer to a 1-qt. baking dish; set aside.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the next five ingredients. Pour over carrots. Combine bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 338 calories, 29 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 357 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC