This family-friendly calzone is great when you need a quick weekend lunch, but it’s also perfect when you’re watching the big game on TV. —Mary Ann Saam, Cridersville, Ohio
- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 8 thin slices deli ham
- 8 thin slices hard salami
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped tomato
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan, pat dough into a 13x8-in. rectangle. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese to within 1/2 in. of edges.
- On half of the dough, layer the ham, salami, onion, green pepper and tomato to within 1 in. of edges. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Fold dough over filling; pinch edges to seal. Cut slits in top.
- Bake 20-22 minutes or golden brown. Let stand 10 minutes. Cut into four pieces. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Zesty Calzone in Simple & Delicious February/March 2011, p62
Reviews for Zesty Calzone
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review