The seasonings in this recipe turn beef into a zesty dish you’ll want to serve again and again.
- 1-1/2 pounds beef top round steak, cubed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 medium onions, halved and sliced
- 2 medium green peppers, julienned
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 celery rib, sliced
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce, optional
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Hot cooked egg noodles or rice
- In a large skillet, brown beef in butter over medium heat; drain. Stir in the onions, peppers and celery; cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add the water, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, soy sauce, Cajun seasoning and pepper sauce if desired. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 to 1-1/2 hours or until meat is tender.
- Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; stir into meat mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with noodles or rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Cajun Pepper Steak in Country April/May 2007, p51
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Zesty Cajun Pepper Steak
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review