Zesty Cajun Burgers Recipe
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 8 hamburger buns, split
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first 16 ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into eight patties.
- 2. Grill over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Serve on buns. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 389 calories, 18 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 104 mg cholesterol, 597 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 28 g protein.
Reviews for Zesty Cajun Burgers
"Loved this burger! Very flavorful!"
"We skipped the peppers because my family doesn't really like peppers, but we made the rest of the recipe "as is" and my whole family loved them, even my 9 year old daughter's friend who was sleeping over that night!"
"Didn't care for this recipe. My husband said it was okay, but too many peppers and onions, couldn't really taste the beef. I think it would make a better meatloaf than burger."
"It's easy to cut the recipe in half. Just use half of all ingredients except the egg..or you could use 1/8 cup of egg substitute."
"How would you cut this recipe in half?"
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.