Zesty Cajun Burgers Recipe
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 8 hamburger buns, split
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first 16 ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into eight patties.
- 2. Grill over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Serve on buns. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 389 calories, 18 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 104 mg cholesterol, 597 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 28 g protein.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.