Zesty Buttermilk Salad Dressing Recipe
- 2/3 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh basil or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh oregano or 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a food processor, combine the yogurt, buttermilk and mayonnaise; cover and process until smooth. Add the remaining ingredients, cover and process until blended. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Yield: 1-1/3 cups.
One serving (2 tablespoons) equals 35 calories, 2 g fat (0.55 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 99 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 0.55 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 fat.