Zesty Buttermilk Salad Dressing Recipe
This homemade dressing is wonderful over a variety of green and vegetables. Plus, you can feel good knowing it's a little lighter than regular dressing.—Cassandra Corridon, Frederick, Maryland
- 2/3 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh basil or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh oregano or 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a food processor, combine the yogurt, buttermilk and mayonnaise; cover and process until smooth. Add the remaining ingredients, cover and process until blended. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Yield: 1-1/3 cups.
2 tablespoon: 35 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 99mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Zesty Buttermilk Salad Dressing
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC