Zesty Buttered Peas
I came up with this recipe one day when I wanted to add some "zip" to plain peas. This recipe did the trick! Everyone commented on the great flavor and festive color.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh savory or 1-1/2 teaspoons dried savory
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 2 tablespoons diced pimientos
- In a large saucepan, saute the first four ingredients in butter until
- crisp-tender. Cover and cook over medium heat for 6-8 minutes or
- until vegetables are tender. Stir in salt if desired and pimientos.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (prepared with margarine and without added salt) equals 74 calories, 4 g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 93 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch.