Zesty Buttered Peas Recipe
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh savory or 1-1/2 teaspoons dried savory
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 2 tablespoons diced pimientos
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute the first four ingredients in butter until crisp-tender. Cover and cook over medium heat for 6-8 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in salt if desired and pimientos. Yield: 6 servings.
3/4 cup: 74 calories, 4g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 93mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 2g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1/2 starch, 1 fat
Reviews for Zesty Buttered Peas
"After making this recipe, I am enamored with savory (I used dried)."