I came up with this recipe one day when I wanted to add some "zip" to plain peas. This recipe did the trick! Everyone commented on the great flavor and festive color.
Recommended: 66 Recipes to Make This Spring
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh savory or 1-1/2 teaspoons dried savory
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 2 tablespoons diced pimientos
- In a large saucepan, saute the first four ingredients in butter until crisp-tender. Cover and cook over medium heat for 6-8 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in salt if desired and pimientos. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Zesty Buttered Peas in Taste of Home June/July 1995, p41
Reviews for Zesty Buttered Peas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 24, 2010
"After making this recipe, I am enamored with savory (I used dried)."