Zesty Broccolini Recipe
We use garlic, gingerroot and red pepper flakes to give this side dish a little kick. The long, elegant spears are so attractive.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 pound Broccolini or broccoli spears
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh gingerroot
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1. Place Broccolini and salt in a large skillet; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-7 minutes or until tender. Drain well. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. In the same skillet, saute garlic and ginger in oil for 1 minute. Add Broccolini and pepper flakes; saute for 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
3/4 cup equals 96 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 222 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Zesty Broccolini
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC