We use garlic, gingerroot and red pepper flakes to give this side dish a little kick. The long, elegant spears are so attractive.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 pound Broccolini or broccoli spears
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh gingerroot
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Place Broccolini and salt in a large skillet; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-7 minutes or until tender. Drain well. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute garlic and ginger in oil for 1 minute. Add Broccolini and pepper flakes; saute for 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Zesty Broccolini in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2009, p12
Reviews for Zesty Broccolini
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review