"This is a last-minute side dish that hardly takes any time at all," says Myra Innes of Auburn, Kansas. "The sauteed florets stay bright green and fresh-looking, and the garlic and pepper add a spark of flavor."
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large bunch fresh broccoli, cut into florets (3-1/2 cups)
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- In a large skillet, saute garlic and pepper flakes in oil. Add
- broccoli and toss to coat; saute for 8 minutes or until
- crisp-tender. Sprinkle with salt if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (prepared without salt) equals 60 calories, 19 mg sodium, 0 cholesterol, 4 gm carbohydrate, 2 gm protein, 5 gm fat. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.