We grow a lot of broccoli in our garden, so I've experimented with different ways to prepare it. It tastes very good and is good for you.
- 2 cups water
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add broccoli; cook, uncovered, for 2 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- In a skillet, saute garlic in oil until tender. Add the artichokes and saute for 2 minutes. Add broccoli, salt, pepper and pepper sauce; saute 3 minutes longer or until broccoli is tender. Remove from the heat; sprinkle with lemon juice and Parmesan. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Zesty Broccoli and Artichokes in Country February/March 2001, p49
Reviews for Zesty Broccoli and Artichokes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 16, 2011
"This is great for a side dish; I tend to get in a rut with green beans, so this is a welcome variation."