My husband grew up in Mexico and prefers his food extra spicy. Special seasonings added to ordinary ground pork give a little life to standard sausage and eggs.
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 pound ground pork
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- Taco sauce
- In a large bowl, combine the vinegar, chili powder, oregano, salt and garlic; crumble pork over mixture and mix well. Cover and chill overnight.
- In a large skillet, cook pork mixture over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Drain; set aside and keep warm. In a large bowl, whisk eggs and milk. In a another large skillet, heat oil until hot. Add egg mixture; cook and stir over medium heat until eggs are completely set.
- Spoon about 1/4 cup pork mixture and 1/4 cup egg mixture down the center of each tortilla. Top with taco sauce and roll up. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Zesty Breakfast Burritos in Country Pork 1996, p59
Reviews for Zesty Breakfast Burritos
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 13, 2013