Zesty Beef Stew Recipe
- 1 pound beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 can (8 ounces) pizza sauce
- 2 tablespoons medium pearl barley
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1. In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine all ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 3-1/2 to 4-1/2 hours or until meat is tender. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 251 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 47 mg cholesterol, 526 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 21 g protein.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.