Zesty Beef Stew Recipe
- 1 pound beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 can (8 ounces) pizza sauce
- 2 tablespoons medium pearl barley
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1. In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine all ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 3-1/2 to 4-1/2 hours or until meat is tender. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 251 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 526mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 8g fiber), 21g protein
Reviews for Zesty Beef Stew
"Delicious! The stew beef comes out very tender and the pizza sauce provides extra kick. I added 1/4 teaspoon of granulated garlic."
"Sorry, tried it twice. Really wanted it to work. Maybe I went too cheap on the beef? We genuinely enjoyed the barley."
"I did add two tablespoons of raw apple cider vinegar to this and other than that, I thought it was the best beef stew that I've had."
"This is amazing!!!! AWESOME!!!! I would rate it higher if I could!!!!"
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.