Preparation couldn't be simpler for this hearty no-fuss stew! I created this dish when I didn't have some of my usual ingredients for vegetable beef soup. My husband says it's the best I ever made! —Margaret Turza, South Bend, Indiana
- 1 pound beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 can (8 ounces) pizza sauce
- 2 tablespoons medium pearl barley
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine all ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 3-1/2 to 4-1/2 hours or until meat is tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Zesty Beef Stew in Simple & Delicious March/April 2007, p46
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Zesty Beef Stew
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review