Zesty Beef Corn Bread Dinner Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- TANGY TOMATO SAUCE:
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 can (8 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped chili peppers
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in ketchup and salt.
- 2. Prepare corn muffin mix according to package directions. Spread half of the batter into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Spoon beef mixture over batter; sprinkle with cheese. Spread remaining batter over cheese.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine sauce ingredients. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened. Let bread stand for 5 minutes after removing from oven; cut into squares and spoon sauce over. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 piece: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Zesty Beef Corn Bread Dinner
"I added zucchini and mixed all the sauce ingredients in with the meat. It was served in squares . Big hit"