Zesty Beef Brisket Recipe
- 2 tablespoons ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 fresh beef brisket (3 pounds)
- Barbecue or horseradish sauce
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Rub over brisket. Place in a greased roasting pan. Cover and bake at 325° for 2-1/2 to 3 hours or until tender. Thinly slice meat across the grain. Serve with barbecue or horseradish sauce or cooking juices. Yield: 8-10 servings.
6 ounce-weight: 185 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 58mg cholesterol, 287mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 29g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat.
Reviews for Zesty Beef Brisket
"Loved it! I just made this for a retirement luncheon for a co-worker. I doubled the recipe and there were no leftovers. Lots of compliments and very moist!"