I cook often for church functions. This tender, well-seasoned beef is really very little fuss to make for a crowd.—Al Latimer, Bentonville, Arizona
- 2 tablespoons ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 fresh beef brisket (3 pounds)
- Barbecue or horseradish sauce
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Rub over brisket. Place in a greased roasting pan. Cover and bake at 325° for 2-1/2 to 3 hours or until tender. Thinly slice meat across the grain. Serve with barbecue or horseradish sauce or cooking juices. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Zesty Beef Brisket in Taste of Home October/November 2001, p53
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Zesty Beef Brisket
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 17, 2010
"Loved it! I just made this for a retirement luncheon for a co-worker. I doubled the recipe and there were no leftovers. Lots of compliments and very moist!"