- 2 tablespoons ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 fresh beef brisket (3 pounds)
- Barbecue or horseradish sauce
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Rub over brisket. Place in a greased roasting pan. Cover and bake at 325° for 2-1/2 to 3 hours or until tender. Thinly slice meat across the grain. Serve with barbecue or horseradish sauce or cooking juices. Yield: 8-10 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a light red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Tangley Oaks Pinot Noir 2012 CA, pinot nose with great raspberry and plum flavors...a perfectly balanced lighter wine. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $59.99. Order Now
Reviews for Zesty Beef Brisket
Sort By :
Loved it! I just made this for a retirement luncheon for a co-worker. I doubled the recipe and there were no leftovers. Lots of compliments and very moist!