Zesty Basil Chicken Recipe
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 4 bone-in chicken breast halves, skin removed (7 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the butter, basil, onion, garlic and salt if desired. Rub pepper and lemon-pepper over chicken. Brush with butter mixture.
- 2. Grill chicken, covered, over medium-low heat, 15-23 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°, basting with marinade frequently. Before serving, sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 303 calories, 19g fat (0g saturated fat), 75mg cholesterol, 562mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 29g protein Diabetic Exchanges:4 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat
Reviews for Zesty Basil Chicken
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.