The combination of fresh basil and other seasonings gives this chicken a wonderful aroma. It's a real crowd-pleaser at picnics and potlucks...folks always come back for seconds!
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 4 bone-in chicken breast halves, skin removed (7 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, basil, onion, garlic and salt if desired. Rub pepper and lemon-pepper over chicken. Brush with butter mixture.
- Grill chicken, covered, over medium-low heat, 15-23 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°, basting with marinade frequently. Before serving, sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Zesty Basil Chicken in Country Chicken Cookbook 1995, p95
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Zesty Basil Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review