Zesty Baked Catfish
This catfish combines common pantry seasonings for a taste that's anything but basic. —Karen Conklin, Supply, North Carolina
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 catfish fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Combine oil and lemon juice; brush over both sides of fillets.
- Combine the remaining ingredients; rub over both sides of fillets.
- Place in an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until fish flakes
- easily with a fork. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 fillet equals 259 calories, 16 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 80 mg cholesterol, 386 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 27 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.