Zesty Bacon 'n' Ham Sandwiches Recipe
- 1 tablespoon pickled pepper rings, chopped
- 2 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sweet pickle relish
- 2 kaiser rolls, split
- 2 bacon strips, cooked and halved
- 16 spinach leaves
- 2 slices tomato
- 4 red onion rings
- 2 slices provolone cheese
- 2 ounces sliced lean deli ham
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the pickled peppers, mayonnaise, mustard and relish. Spread over cut sides of each roll. On bottom halves, layer the bacon, spinach, tomato, onion, cheese and ham; replace roll tops. Yield: 2 servings.
1 sandwich (prepared with fat-free mayonnaise and reduced-fat cheese) equals 292 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 885 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 17 g protein.