Zesty Apricot Turkey Recipe
Grilled turkey from Wendy Moylan of Crystal Lake, Illinois is bound to be the centerpiece of any picnic. The poultry's fruity coating gets a little kick from hot pepper sauce...and would be a nice complement to other meats, too. This entree is so easy, you'll be munching in the sunshine in no time.
- 1/3 cup reduced-sugar apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 boneless skinless turkey breast half (1 pound)
- 1. In a microwave-safe dish, combine the first six ingredients. Microwave, uncovered, until the preserves are melted, about 1-2 minutes on high. Stir to blend. Set aside half to serve with turkey.
- 2. Prepare grill for indirect heat. Grill turkey, covered, over indirect medium heat for 3 minutes on each side. Baste with 1 tablespoon reserved apricot sauce. Grill 7-10 minutes longer or a meat thermometer reads 170°. Slice; serve with the reserved apricot sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
1/4 pound: 193 calories, 1g fat (1g saturated fat), 70mg cholesterol, 62mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 1g fiber), 28g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 0 fruit.
Reviews for Zesty Apricot Turkey
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC