Zesty Apricot Turkey Recipe
Grilled turkey from Wendy Moylan of Crystal Lake, Illinois is bound to be the centerpiece of any picnic. The poultry's fruity coating gets a little kick from hot pepper sauce...and would be a nice complement to other meats, too. This entree is so easy, you'll be munching in the sunshine in no time.
- 1/3 cup apricot spreadable fruit
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 turkey breast tenderloins (8 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a microwave, melt spreadable fruit; stir in vinegar, honey, garlic, lemon peel and pepper sauce. Reserve 1/4 cup sauce for serving.
- 2. Sprinkle turkey with salt and pepper; place on an oiled grill rack over medium heat. Grill, covered, until a thermometer reads 165°, 15-20 minutes, turning occasionally and brushing with remaining sauce during the last 5 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing. Serve with reserved sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Zesty Apricot Turkey
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC