Zesty Apricot Turkey Recipe
- 1/3 cup reduced-sugar apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 boneless skinless turkey breast half (1 pound)
- 1. In a microwave-safe dish, combine the first six ingredients. Microwave, uncovered, until the preserves are melted, about 1-2 minutes on high. Stir to blend. Set aside half to serve with turkey.
- 2. Prepare grill for indirect heat. Grill turkey, covered, over indirect medium heat for 3 minutes on each side. Baste with 1 tablespoon reserved apricot sauce. Grill 7-10 minutes longer or a meat thermometer reads 170°. Slice; serve with the reserved apricot sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
One serving (1/4 pound) equals 193 calories, 1 g fat (0.55 g saturated fat), 70 mg cholesterol, 62 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 28 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 fruit.