Zesty Apricot Turkey Recipe
- 1/3 cup apricot spreadable fruit
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 turkey breast tenderloins (8 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a microwave, melt spreadable fruit; stir in vinegar, honey, garlic, lemon peel and pepper sauce. Reserve 1/4 cup sauce for serving.
- 2. Sprinkle turkey with salt and pepper; place on an oiled grill rack over medium heat. Grill, covered, until a thermometer reads 165°, 7-10 minutes per side; brush with remaining sauce during the last minute of cooking. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing. Serve with reserved sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
3 ounces cooked turkey with 1 tablespoon sauce: 200 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 65mg cholesterol, 424mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 0 fiber), 27g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch.