Grilled turkey from Wendy Moylan of Crystal Lake, Illinois is bound to be the centerpiece of any picnic. The poultry's fruity coating gets a little kick from hot pepper sauce...and would be a nice complement to other meats, too. This entree is so easy, you'll be munching in the sunshine in no time.
Recommended: 84 Lemon Recipes from Tart to Sweet
- 1/3 cup apricot spreadable fruit
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 turkey breast tenderloins (8 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a microwave, melt spreadable fruit; stir in vinegar, honey, garlic, lemon peel and pepper sauce. Reserve 1/4 cup sauce for serving.
- Sprinkle turkey with salt and pepper; place on an oiled grill rack over medium heat. Grill, covered, until a thermometer reads 165°, 7-10 minutes per side; brush with remaining sauce during the last minute of cooking. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing. Serve with reserved sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Zesty Apricot Turkey in Light & Tasty June/July 2001, p5
Reviews for Zesty Apricot Turkey
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review