You see a lot of steak, chicken and chops at cookouts, but how about something different? With its apricot-chile glaze, this juicy grilled turkey is one of our picnic faves. —Wendy Moylan, Crystal Lake, Illinois
Recommended: 84 Lemon Recipes from Tart to Sweet
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/3 cup apricot spreadable fruit
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 turkey breast tenderloins (8 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a microwave, melt spreadable fruit; stir in vinegar, honey, garlic, lemon peel and pepper sauce. Reserve 1/4 cup sauce for serving.
- Sprinkle turkey with salt and pepper; place on an oiled grill rack over medium heat. Grill, covered, until a thermometer reads 165°, 7-10 minutes per side; brush with remaining sauce during the last minute of cooking. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing. Serve with reserved sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Zesty Apricot Turkey in Light & Tasty June/July 2001, p5