Zesty Apricot Turkey Recipe
Grilled turkey from Wendy Moylan of Crystal Lake, Illinois is bound to be the centerpiece of any picnic. The poultry's fruity coating gets a little kick from hot pepper sauce...and would be a nice complement to other meats, too. This entree is so easy, you'll be munching in the sunshine in no time.
- 1/3 cup reduced-sugar apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 boneless skinless turkey breast half (1 pound)
- In a microwave-safe dish, combine the first six ingredients. Microwave, uncovered, until the preserves are melted, about 1-2 minutes on high. Stir to blend. Set aside half to serve with turkey.
- Prepare grill for indirect heat. Grill turkey, covered, over indirect medium heat for 3 minutes on each side. Baste with 1 tablespoon reserved apricot sauce. Grill 7-10 minutes longer or a meat thermometer reads 170°. Slice; serve with the reserved apricot sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Zesty Apricot Turkey in Light & Tasty June/July 2001, p5
Reviews for Zesty Apricot Turkey(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review