A horse-shaped cookie cutter is the key to these tasty treats made with marshmallow and crisp rice cereal. Melted vanilla and chocolate chips create the zebra's eye-catching stripes.
- 8 cups miniature marshmallows
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 12 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1 cup white baking chips
- 1 teaspoon shortening, divided
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large saucepan, heat marshmallows and butter until almost
- melted. Remove from the heat. Stir in cereal; toss to coat. Press
- firmly into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. pan. Cut with a
- horse-shaped cookie cutter. Remove cutouts to waxed paper; set
- In a microwave, melt vanilla chips and 1/2 teaspoon shortening; stir
- until smooth. Spread over cutouts. Let dry on waxed paper.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and remaining shortening; stir
- until smooth. Place in a heavy-duty plastic bag. Cut a small hole in
- the corner of the bag; pipe mane, stripes, hooves, etc. on zebras.
- Yield: about 1 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 405 calories, 15 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 343 mg sodium, 68 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.