- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1/2 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1-1/2 teaspoons taco seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/4 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1/4 cup fat-free ranch salad dressing
- 1/4 cup salsa
- In a shallow bowl, combine buttermilk and egg substitute. In another shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, cheese, taco seasoning and garlic salt. Dip zucchini in buttermilk mixture, then bread crumb mixture.
- Place on baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown, turning once.
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, ranch dressing and salsa. Serve with zucchini. Yield: 10 servings (3/4 cup sauce).
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Yummy Zucchini Fritters
Sort By :
"Great flavor! Would, of course, be crispier if deep fried - but this is a fantastic alternative that had amazing flavor."
"Made a batch of these and cooked on my Traeger grill. Absolutely awesome. My son and I ate them up before my husband even got to the table. Was short on time so used a bottle of prepared greek yogurt ranch dressing for dipping. Fantastic!"
"Seriously, I saw this recipe and thought how good could battered zucchini be? WOW. This was amazing. We loved it. the taco seasoning added a nice kick. I only wish I had more zucchini to make some more tonight. Yum!"
"easy to make on a warm day and dellicious"