- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1/2 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1-1/2 teaspoons taco seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/4 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1/4 cup fat-free ranch salad dressing
- 1/4 cup salsa
- In a shallow bowl, combine buttermilk and egg substitute. In another shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, cheese, taco seasoning and garlic salt. Dip zucchini in buttermilk mixture, then bread crumb mixture.
- Place on baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown, turning once.
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, ranch dressing and salsa. Serve with zucchini. Yield: 10 servings (3/4 cup sauce).
Reviews for Yummy Zucchini Fritters
"Although the taste is fine, this is not a fritter. It is simply fried zucchini, just like fried morel mushrooms, or zucchini blossoms, or green bean, etc. A fritter is a patty consisting of small bits of different foods using an egg as a binder."
"Great flavor! Would, of course, be crispier if deep fried - but this is a fantastic alternative that had amazing flavor."
"Made a batch of these and cooked on my Traeger grill. Absolutely awesome. My son and I ate them up before my husband even got to the table. Was short on time so used a bottle of prepared greek yogurt ranch dressing for dipping. Fantastic!"
"Seriously, I saw this recipe and thought how good could battered zucchini be? WOW. This was amazing. We loved it. the taco seasoning added a nice kick. I only wish I had more zucchini to make some more tonight. Yum!"
"easy to make on a warm day and dellicious"
"Delicious! My husband loves breaded pan-fried zucchini; this is a very healthy and very tasty alternative. I served it with the Garden chicken Cacciatore recipe also on the Taste of Home website and we used the Zucchini Fritters in place of pasta that the recipe author recommended. It made for a filling yet healthy meal. Easy preparation, healthy, delicious: I added this to me recipe box!"
"I have a similar recipe. Re-dip in liquid and rebread. They are very crispy this way but a lot more calories!"
"Picked ANOTHER zucchini today, WHEW! lots and lots of them this year. anyways saw this baked zucchini recipe and tried it, it is a keeper for sure."
"I made this recipe for dinner tonight with my bountiful garden zucchini and it was wonderful. So light and crispy. My husband really loved it. Will definitely keep this recipe to use over and over again when zucchini are in season. Thank you for sharing this great recipe."