Yummy Zucchini Fritters Recipe
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1/2 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1-1/2 teaspoons taco seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/4 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1/4 cup fat-free ranch salad dressing
- 1/4 cup salsa
- In a shallow bowl, combine buttermilk and egg substitute. In another shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, cheese, taco seasoning and garlic salt. Dip zucchini in buttermilk mixture, then bread crumb mixture.
- Place on baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown, turning once.
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, ranch dressing and salsa. Serve with zucchini. Yield: 10 servings (3/4 cup sauce).
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Yummy Zucchini Fritters(13)
Sort By :
Seriously, I saw this recipe and thought how good could battered zucchini be? WOW. This was amazing. We loved it. the taco seasoning added a nice kick. I only wish I had more zucchini to make some more tonight. Yum!
easy to make on a warm day and dellicious
Delicious! My husband loves breaded pan-fried zucchini; this is a very healthy and very tasty alternative. I served it with the Garden Chicken Cacciatore recipe also on the Taste of Home website and we used the Zucchini Fritters in place of pasta that the recipe author recommended. It made for a filling yet healthy meal. Easy preparation, healthy, delicious: I added this to me recipe box!
I have a similar recipe. Re-dip in liquid and rebread. They are very crispy this way but a lot more calories!
Picked ANOTHER zucchini today, WHEW! lots and lots of them this year. anyways saw this baked zucchini recipe and tried it, it is a keeper for sure.
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Appetizers >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cocktail Party Appetizers >
- Diabetic Appetizers >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Healthy Appetizers >
- Healthy Cooking Appetizers >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Finger Foods >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >
- Low Carb Appetizers >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Appetizers >
- Low Fat Recipes >